Old versionsSee all
WebScout is a powerful, yet simple to configure, HTTP and SOCKS 5 proxy which can share, monitor and filter Internet access for a variety of web browsers and Internet applications.
The intuitive user interface makes it simple to create access rules controlling what activity is allowed and which should be blocked. You can simply deny access to a blocked site or provide your own custom error message informing the user about your Acceptable Usage Policy.
Rules can be created to allow or block access based on the workstation, username, time of access, domain name, directory or filename. For example, you can block access to yahoo.com/games, all EXE files, or permit access during lunch hours only.
- Shares your Internet connection.
- Records a log file of Internet activity (web sites visited).
- Block access based on the URL, time or username.
- Speed limit connections to prevent network congestion.
- Restrict users bandwidth and time spent on the Internet.
- Built-in advertisement and adult content filters.
- Supports Active Directory and NT domain authentication.
- Runs as a Windows service, and settings can be password-protected.